Clinical Decision Support Systems
A major health insurance company identified the need to add an employer self service portal to their existing software to allow the employers to complete administrative tasks on their own.
The client requested two sets of functionalities: one covering the administration of the employer (e.g., Activation Management, Employer Registration, and log in, Maintaining Access Rights, etc.) and another covering the administration of employees and their association with specific employer groups.
Vicert developed a complete system design based on the client’s business requirements. We’ve documented our employer portal details in the Solution Architecture and Technical Design documents.
We’ve developed three major subsystems of the portal:
- Security: provided all user administration functionalities such as activation, registration, login, and delegation.
- Employer Group Roster: granted the employer the ability to search, sort, and print their employee roster through an online display of current and historical data.
- Employer Self-Service: granted the employer the ability to initiate a transaction to add, update, or terminate an employee within employer groups.
Our implementation resulted in a standard J2EE web application built on top of Spring and Hibernate frameworks using the best practices and coding standards. In the background, the app is fully integrated with the client’s core system, ensuring the availability and integrity of all the data used.
- Vicert built self service software for the client, a major solution on their new Spring/Hibernate platform.
- We’ve optimized the client’s operations due to new features available in the system.
- We’ve added functionality that satisfied the critical need of employers to validate eligibility and benefits online for the group members.
- Our employer portal also provided the single sign-on capability for users to navigate to other employer-related applications, internally and externally, hosted by external ASPs.